Translator Training Programme
Next course starts on:
October 10, 2016
Structure:One-year tuition with three 3-hour lessons per week (6 hours into Greek and 3 hours into English).
The following areas are covered:
- history of translation
- principles of translation theory
- research and documentation methodology (hard copy and electronic tools, internet resources, etc.)
- text analysis and techniques for the handling of translation problems
- translation of semi-specialised and specialised texts (scientific, technological, literary, business, legal as well as texts from the European Union and the Humanities)
- introduction to translation technologies (translation memories, terminology management and software and web site localization)
- SDL Trados Studio Professional 2015 training and certification (21 hours)
- practical advice on entering the translation market
Successful graduates may enroll in our Become a Successful Freelance Translator seminar at no cost and have the opportunity to take part in our practicum programme, acquire first-hand experience of the demands of the translator's profession and gain all the required experience before embarking on their career.
Enrolment prerequisites:Candidates must have good command of the English language (Proficiency holders, EFL teachers, English Literature students, etc). We also accept candidates who are not native Greek speakers, provided that they have the required level of competence in Greek.